Today, DC announced a new $10 million rent grant program. Time is of the essence because applications open on Tuesday, December 1, 2020, close on Friday, December 11, 2020, and will be assessed on a rolling basis. The program will pay 80% of the delinquent rent if the landlord waives the remaining 20% and any unpaid fees. The grants will cover up to $2,000 per month since April 2020. You can read more about the program here in today’s Situational Update, starting on page 6. Additional information can be found here. Details on the program are not up on the DC COVID website (https://coronavirus.dc.gov/rent) as of November 30th, and we have not seen an application form, but we have been told to check back tomorrow.
Please contact our office at 202-269-3333 with any questions.